Monday, April 13, 2009

a day out



I went out just driving around today. Ended up on old hwy 99 north. Stopped at Savage Rapids Dam. Or I should say what is left of it. It is in the process of being removed. Project supposed to be completed this year. After Reading some of the history of the dam I also had to question why it was ever put in to start with. The answer to that is irrigation only. It produced no Electricity and provided no flood control. I should mention above picture is of the dam the way it used to be, most of the dam is down now and they are in the process of removing what is left.

I also drove through the Rogue River state Park. It is a very nice park, full hook up rv sites are $16.00 per night. a 14 day limit on staying there. Anyone needs a nice park for a few nights it would be a great place.

Later everyone, God Bless and take care.

No comments: